Let’s all just settle down
How many times have your felt angry or frustrated and you struggled to find a way to calm down? Sometimes it’s hard to “find your calm” …and the result is often a bit messy. If you sometimes find it hard to settle down, try making a calming jar. This fun project is easy to do with just a few crafty things. Why might you want to make a calming jar? For starters, it’s…well…calming 🙂 . It also helps to settle down your mind so you can be in control of yourself. When you’re super angry or frustrated, often your feelings are in control. It is important that YOU get back control, and tools like calming jars, can help you do that. Here’s how you can make one:
How to make a Calming Jar
- Glass or plastic jars with lids, 16-ounce
- 1/2 cup glitter glue or clear glue
- Distilled water
- High-temperature hot glue gun, optional
- 1–2 teaspoons glitter
- Pour 1/2 cup of distilled water into the jar.
- Pour 1/2 cup of glitter glue or clear glue into the jar.
- Add 1–2 teaspoons of extra glitter to the jar.
- Fill up the remainder of the jar with distilled water.
- If desired, use a hot glue gun to squeeze a ring of glue around the lid of the jar.
- Press the lid onto the jar and secure with the metal ring.
- Shake the jar well to distribute the glitter.