Red Rover, Red Rover….

Well, this certainly has been an unusual sort of week for us here at Kleefeld School.  I have been quite impressed by how well our students, parents and staff have managed to navigate all the changes that seemed to come at us so quickly.  Well done, everyone! As part of “navigating change”, I have created a blog as a way of staying connected and continuing the many conversations that we have throughout the week. So…Welcome!

You might be wondering at the title of this post. When I was a kid, we used to play Red Rover quite a bit on the playground. This game has stood the test of time and I see kids playing it outside still to this day.  Everyone links their arms as tight as they can, and someone yells out “Red Rover, Red Rover…send [insert name] over!” Out charges the person called over and he/she tries to break through the chain.  This is kind of what this week has been feeling like for me.  “Red Rover, Red Rover…send Covid-19 over!” …and we are all linking our arms, standing together and keeping this virus from slamming through our communities.  We beat this thing by standing together, united and strong.  Each person doing their small part…by staying home when they’d rather be going out;  by cancelling trips and outings; by remembering to wash their hands, and recite your A, B, C’s while you do it – even when our hands are dry and chapped from so much washing; by “social distancing” even when we’d rather be hugging and shaking hands.  This season won’t last forever, but it will forever change our lives…hopefully also in positive ways, as we learn how to support, encourage and stand together (even as we have to stay apart – for now).

With that, I invite you to come over to my blog. Visit me here, comment or send me an email to let me know how you are doing. Comments will not be posted, and I will respond to you via email to ensure your privacy. If you have any questions, need to chat or just want to tell me what you’ve been up to – please reach out.  I will be posting updates and some helpful tools for you along the way. If you’d prefer to email, my email address is wmartens@hsd.ca .

Published inUncategorized
Skip to toolbar